Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Patroness of New Orleans: Commemorative Throws


I mentioned in an earlier post that Rob Clemenz, founder of SaintsforSinners.com (http://saintsforsinners.com/) will be throwing limited edition gift boxed commemorative imported Italian Saint Joan of Arc medallions and necklaces at the Joan of Arc parade. These are collectors' items, and will be a highlight of this first annual parade, making it particularly special and reminiscent of Mardi Gras parades of yore...

As he puts it, "The Saint Joan medallions will not be be giant, gaudy or bawdy but they will be Treasures from 12th Night and the Feast of Saint Joan of Arc, our dear patroness of Orleans and all things courageous. "

Here is Rob's description of our Patroness of New Orleans:

Rob and I met when he came on a local radio show I produced. As a thank you, he asked me who my favorite saint was. He not only sent me one of the medallions described above, but he also sent me some limited edition books about Joan that he had collected "over the years"...needless to say, he was one of the first people I contacted when I conceived the J of A Parade!
Thank you Rob for being so dedicated to Saints, sinners, and New Orleans!