Friday, January 8, 2010

Thank you Arthur Hardy!

Don Ames from WWL Radio called me on Monday January 4 to talk about the Joan of Arc Parade but when he called I was at a funeral mass for my mother-in-law, Betty LeBlanc Duvoisin, who I am ever-grateful to for giving birth to my husband as her last child! Spending the day with his family and her friends at this very sad but eventually celebratory gathering made me remember what's truly important, and hearing the priest refer to her as Saint Betty gave me pause to think of Joan and how we really are surrounded by Saints!

Because I was in the presence of Saint Betty I couldn't interview about Saint Joan, so Don Ames called Arthur Hardy..and thank God he did. It enabled the Krewe de Jeanne d'Arc to get an unsolicited endorsement from the guru of Mardi Gras, who said, among other nice things, "They truly came out of the gate fast a couple years ago, and it's become a major event already."
Wow! We are major! Geaux Jeanne!
Listen to this wonderful interview where Arthur, beloved Mardi Gras authority and expert, talks about both the Joan parade and Phunny Phorty Phellows as the kick-offs to our favorite season: