Friday, January 29, 2010

All the City's a Stage

The best thing about New Orleans is that something's always going on for free...second lines, festivals, random acts of parading, political drama, etc.

The worst thing about New Orleans is that something's always going on for free...so if you are an artist trying to sell your stuff, your ideas, tickets to your play or dance performance...well....you gotta work that much harder.

Street theater is so ever-present we don't call it street theater. We call it the French Quarter.

Here's my editorial from yesterday's Times-Picayune, wherein I once again blame the wonders of the city for me not writing any new plays (though I am working on one FINALLY about...guess who...I hope to have a draft by next year's Joan of Arts Fete!)

http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2010/01/politics_parades_pigskin_--_it.html